Tuesday, September 21, 2010

!!!!!!!! PIG IRON BBQ !!!!!!!!

Oh the dilemma!!! What do you do when beef brisket is cooked so well that it needs no sauce, and the sauce that you have is so good it deserves to be eaten?  My solution: order sweet potato fries to dip in the sauce, and leave the meat to be by itself in all it's glory.

Travis and I are finally back to having lunch together after a few long weeks.  Last week I was in Vegas for a National Glass trade show.  I will share some of the meals from that later.

Lunch today, we hit up Pig Iron BBQ.  The only reason why we ate it today and not yesterday is because they are open Tuesday-Saturday.  When I go to pick up my food at Pig Iron, it reminds me that I don't have a hot rod.  The tattooed staff in black, remind me of a pack of "rat rodders".  They are all super friendly and serve up some good food.

Even though it is Pig Iron BBQ, and their pork is great.....Their Brisket is even better.  Both Travis and I ordered brisket sandwiches which are served with sweet pickles, sliced sweet onions, and your choice of potato salad, slaw, or beans.  I guess I was feeling healthy because I chose the slaw today.  I have to be honest the slaw was just okay.  I think it is the fact that everything else is so full of flavor, that because the coleslaw tastes like normal coleslaw, it winds up rather unimpressive.  Travis went with our favorite beans, which are understated on the menu under sandwich sides.  The beans are listed below as Smokey Beans made daily from scratch with the finest ingredients and spices available, and they taste it.  Like I said above, I wanted to try a couple of their sauces, but after the first bite of brisket I was glad I ordered the sweet potato fries so that I could dip them in the sauce instead of the meat.  The sweet potato fries were good, and the sauces were great.  The original sauce was a smokey BBQ with a slight tang, and the Carolina Sweet mustard was a cross between a Carolina sauce from ribs, and a mellow mustard.

Simply put, it's a favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment